Moi Girls Kamusinga started as a harambee school in 1973 on Kamusinga A.C. Primary ground. The establishment was spearheaded by Reverend Jesse Okadapau, an Anglican Church Parish Vicar. The primary school classrooms were used for first batch of twenty seven students who were all day-scholars from the neighborhood.
In 1981 the government took over the running of this school. The school changed its name from CPK Kamusinga Girls to Moi Girls High School Kamusinga on 1st February 1988 when His Excellency the former President Daniel Toroitich Arap Moi, visited the school and held a Harambee which helped the school to expand its land to twenty eight acres from five. He later donated a bus to the school.
The first Head Teacher was Mr. Mathias Kinanja (now deceased) before Mr. Isaac Wanyonyi took over. Mrs Mary Ndinyo took over in 1978 and headed the school up to 1992. Senior Principal Mrs. Winfrida Wanjala led the school up to 2001 when she handed it over to Mrs Waliula. After Mrs Waliula we now have Dr.Josephine Wanyama at the helm.
Moi Girls High School became a full boarding in 1993 with two streams. A third stream was started in 1993 before a fourth one was started in 1994. Currently the school has Eight streams and the population of 1228 students 52 teachers and 34 support staff.
Moi Girls’ High School Has been a Champion in Handball National champions from 2012 to date and East Africa Champions in 2013 in Gulu Uganda and 2016 In Kenya.
We appreciate the role played by the Board of Managers, the PA and the sponsors. In particular we salute the work done by our BOM Chair, Mr Julius Khakula, our sponsor Bishop Mechumo, our PA Chair Mrs Charity Wasilwa and the ICFEM for its building and construction support